No room for error when 700 million people are watching
No room for error when 700 million people are watching2018-11-29
– Our partnership with 4C Strategies provides us with leading international expertise combined with local know-how, said Niklas Carlsson, CEO of Åre 2019, and continued:
– With the entire world watching, there is no room for error.
In addition to a holistic approach to sustainability, one of the focus areas in the planning and preparations for Åre 2019 has been the effective management of risks that may impact a major Championship. To mitigate risks and ensure continuity, Åre 2019 partnered with 4C Strategies to devise strategies and procedures in all key areas that must function without interruption. Prime examples include lift operations and power supply under all circumstances and in all weather conditions. During the ongoing construction period, Åre 2019 conducts regular tests of crisis and contingency plans while various scenarios are discussed and verified to ensure functioning processes across the entire organization.
– Thanks to the extensive preparation together with 4C Strategies well before the Championships, we can raise to the occasion and further elevate our performance, stated Niklas Carlsson.
– Bringing it over the finish line is critical to completing the task we have taken upon ourselves, and the plan we have defined with 4C Strategies is what helps guide everyone in the organization. Our overall mission is to carry out excellent and fair competitions for all athletes, concluded Carlsson.
There could not be a more experienced partner for large, complex events than the one Åre 2019 has chosen; 4C Strategies has completed similar assignments in connection with royal weddings and the Eurovision Song Contest as well as for various high-profile state visits.
– 4C Strategies has long experience in assisting with risk and crisis management for industries that have high risk exposure and high expectations, such as air travel, defence and finance. What makes Åre 2019 unique is that nothing can go wrong during a very limited period of time and its media exposure is massive on a global scale. Our aim is to work with demanding customers who take these issues seriously and Åre 2019 fits the bill, said Jonatan Jürisoo, project responsible and Business Development Manager at 4C Strategies.