An exercise is an instrument to train for, assess, practice, and build capability in a risk-free environment. Exercises enable leaders to test their decision-making in a crisis or emergency situation, while exposing organisational vulnerabilities so that they may be acted on in advance. In the current volatile risk landscape, organisations are facing an increasing likelihood of being confronted with a crisis – be it cyber security, supply chain, terrorism, pandemics, natural disasters, data breaches, IT outages or other unexpected events.
Exercises can also be used for:
- testing and validating policies, plans, procedures, training, equipment, and supplier agreements,
- training for and clarifying roles and responsibilities,
- improving coordination and communications,
- identifying organisational vulnerabilities and gaps in resources,
- enhancing individual and collective performance, and
- identifying opportunities for improvement.
We deliver exercise management services to develop key capabilities in the areas of risk management, business continuity and incident and crisis management. This ranges from relatively simple workshops, to discussion-based, table-top, gaming and simulation exercises – where multiple elements of an organisation’s resilience capability can be subject to analysis and review.
It is increasingly evident that the ability to work and deliver from distance plays a major part in an organisation’s resilience. Working and operating remotely is often referred to as “the new normal”, however, 4C Strategies have been facilitating this for quite some time. We are leading the way with the delivery of simulation exercises around the globe; in person and remotely, with our Exonaut® Exercise Portal.