The United Nations Global Compact is a UN pact to encourage businesses worldwide to adopt sustainable and socially responsible policies, and to report on their implementation. This initiative mobilises businesses and organisations across the world to work for positive change in terms of human rights, labour, environment and anti-corruption. The UN Global Compact is a principle-based framework for businesses, which are are brought together with UN agencies, labour groups and civil society.
4C Strategies has been a member of the UN Global Compact since 2008. As part of 4C’s broader sustainability journey, we are taking an active role in promoting the Global Compact principles in our daily operations and long-term ambitions. The following are some of the measures that we are taking to promote the UN Global Compact principles:
- Provided pro-bono work for chartiable organisations and non-profits.
- Implemented a company-wide gender and environmental policy.
- Revised company travel policy to reduce our carbon footprint.
- Introduced a recycling program at 4C offices.
- Collected used clothing, toys and goods for those in need.
- Trained employees in anti-corruption practices, based on the ISO 37001 standard.
Our ambition is that our work with the Global Compact should not only help make the world a better place but also to make 4C Strategies a more attractive, modern and equitable employer.
Read more about how 4C is taking action within the UN Global Compact framework in our annual Communication on Progress (COP) →